PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is the job market?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 12:46
aardvark keeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aces High, less of the jaded 2000+ on the FI's!

With 2250 hrs-ATPL-& 4 years instructing as a full timer, why the hell should I hang up my headset so a part timer or new wannabe can move in?

Yes I am waiting for an FO job, but it by no way - means I do a bad job or offer a poor service with no enthusiasm. The hours may not be important but the ability to earn a living is.

You may find plenty of part time positions available, just a severe lack of new FI's willing to take up a freelance part time position with the knowledge of a full time place coming available, because they feel they will be missing out on the hours a full timer would get else where. These are the guys who are doing it for the hours and not providing the service, taking lessons off in absolute crap because it is another hour in the book.

We have a part timer, flys as much as a full timer as 'he' requires and dosent want to go full time. He can gladly have my full time position when I move on.

As regards airline guys, we welcome these through lack of the above part time FI's. They make themselves available on 'a what's left, if anything / short notice / even just a couple of days a month' basis and if they were previous FI's, I think they have earned the right!!!

Last edited by aardvark keeper; 23rd Mar 2003 at 12:56.