PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just Culture
Thread: Just Culture
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 08:40
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas

Easyjet is undoubtedly a well run airline from an air safety point of veiw with the number of incidents driven to a very low level.

However I get the feeling that they have driven down the number of incidents by a ridged procedural flying policy and discouraging manual flying, my evidence for this is that they usually are very reluctant to take a visual approach even when the conditions are very good VMC. Approaches to Nice are a good example I always seem to be behind an EZY who is insisting on doing the full VOR approach when all I want to do is fly around the cap Antibes and land. May be I'm just unlucky and have a new first officer on line training in the EZY in front of me.

The situation the military have is that the operation is incompatable with a very ridged procedural system and has to encourage the basic hand flying skills rather than use of autopilots, by the very nature of the operation, military flying will have more inccidents and so puts an even greater strain on those trying to instill a blame free culture.