PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan Airlines Interview Info
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 03:48
mlh330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Collegues,

I would like to share a part of my experience with Hainan Airlines that could be interesting to know before applying for that company.
It makes now more than 2 years that I passed successfully the Hainan's screening for the CCQ A320-A330 contract, since than, I had to face a lot of incredible delays of any sort: medical check, expert certificate, resident permit, ...

Finally after those 2 years of unconfortable standby, I reported to the fleet and thought I was about to be released on line after a typically 2 month training period as stipulated in my contract.
I was about to have gathered the training hours needed for the line check when they decided to add some extra sim check and line training check to the already heavy set of CAAC, SOP, observer, F/O and line check.

Even more, some Captains that were already released on line have been grounded and are now waiting to have those checks scheduled.

I am now totally convinced that Hainan doesn't need us on the line for the moment and is delaying beyond any expectation the moment to release us as Captain.
In the meantime Hainan is using us as F/O at a rate of F/O.

I wish I could apply for another job but in this long story I lost my recency on A320 and still don't have enough PIC on A330 to convince another employer.

TIC*

(*) This is China