PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WA Govt seeks to protect Skywest
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2003, 11:15
the wizard of auz
Bugsmasherdriverandjediknite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

How the hell is this going to be a balance between sustainable and competitive, if they take the only routes that are worth a knob of goats poop, and close em to competition? what do they leave for the next bloke to have a shot at? Hmmmm, lets see, well theres the Wiluna to Kalgoolie via Meeka run or the Cue to Newman run or we could have a bash at he Robourne to Tom price run........ I think not. Wake up you wallys!!!!!!. If they cant do it within budget and make a profit, they shouldnt be there. simple really. Aint it part of the AOC conditions that they have to be a sustainable company to retain the AOC?. competition is what works out the bugs and blokes that can't do it for the right sum of dollars. If you cant make a profit, you aint charging enough......bloody simple. If you can't run it coz no one wants to pay that much, get out and let billy blowfly have a shot. If he cant do it well bloody well let em drive. I hate the fact that I pay the wages of these idiots to keep me out of the competition.
And while I'm on me soap box, FIFO is killing the country towns and it shouldnt be allowed, but it is..... Double standard????. They take the resources from the district but hire from the city, use our infastructure but wont hire locals for labour or hire the local contractors. I have seen them hire cranes, trucks, earthmoving machinery for more $$$$ from the city than what they could get local, all because of the mentality instilled in them from the managment.

AAAH BOLLOCKS. I feel better now.