PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Flight Planning/PEXO
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2013, 00:22
flyaus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Flight Planning / PEXO

Thought I would add my 5 cents. Passed well yesterday - after a bad fail 10 days ago. My path was AFT distance (this is the 4th subject I have done with them - but the first time I have also used someone else to help) to learn the whole process and do the 8 practice tests, then i went to UNSW for 1.5 days to do practice exams. I then failed, took a breath, got the Rob Avery ATPL 5 test pack and his speed guide - and that was the final piece I needed to be able to handle it.

Cheats I can give you (if you can call them that...)
- I used the SGRs from AFT - which are also close to the AVFACTS ones. The UNSW use a slightly different set which I found (for me) it was often out in the EMZW so i had to redo.
- On your ERC mark the tracks that come up in your pracs with highlighter (I did just the markers NOT the whole lines) and mark the waypoints that you see come up in the pracs so you can find them quick in the test
- Write distances on the ERC for regular legs (eg SYD-ML, ADEL-PH etc) to save you in the test
- Highlight (well) the edges of the pages you always use in the B727 manual (Descent Table, DP FF table, Fuel for NO/DP/1E, Altitude->Temp) as it will make the flicking faster. I had tabs in the first test and had to remove them - and it made it real hard even though i knew where the pages where
- Put notes in the B727 man next to things so you dont forget when you turn to it - EG YAW Damp Inop = NO TF Holding, Yam Damper Mach numbers for heights (they never change - 290 = .73 etc)
- Start at Q1 !! You will build up during the test and starting at the last question just puts you in the wrong place.

Grab the CASA PDF from Joker89 above - that will give you the guides for interpolation and rounding you need to do. Good luck to all - now onto the last 3 subjects