PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Luggage Basics
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2013, 23:06
ksjc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just about everyone I fly with uses a roll-aboard and a separate computer bag....even the women. Even so, it's my opinion that the people I fly with carry way too much stuff...why do their bags have to be so heavy? We fly the GLEX with a crew of 3 and there is plenty of room for bags but sometimes I am surprised at the amount of stuff these "professional travelers" feel they need to haul around.

I refuse to buy a bag with wheels...it encourages overpacking and is unnecessary if one knows how to pack efficiently.

I enjoy traveling light and simple. No wheels on my bags, just a medium duffle is plenty big...even with the running shoes which are quite bulky. My packing technique is...lay out everything I think I will need then pack half of it. I can get a week's worth of clothes packed this way and can always wash a few items as necessary. In 25 years of this I have rarely missed anything. My style is certainly out of the norm in the biz-av world but it helps to make the constant in/out of planes/cars/vans/hotels a low stress affair.

Remember, you will be packing and unpacking and moving most days so keep it simple.