PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ban on Portable Electronic Device During Flight Ends in US
Old 1st Nov 2013, 22:13
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I am still not convinced that Mob Ph's cause any issues other than say noise in ones headset at times. I've had a Mob Ph turned on in the cockpit for a zillion years & NEVER had any issues in all types of planes from basic to fancy FBW. In fact in my last job it was a requirement to have the Mob Ph on during flight as often it was used whilst airborne arranging ground support.
And has been said here every A/C that leaves the ground the world over would have dozens of Phones still active, don't read too many stories of planes falling from the sky for no reason.
God 'elp us if the boguns all have their Mob Ph's on but I guess no one listens to the briefings anyway these days as flying is so common & repetitious.
Anyway like most things in aviation rule wise for pax it's all about fear keeping them fearful to keep an ongoing industry going, security....the laugh/joke of the 20th & 21st century!!

Wmk2

Last edited by Wally Mk2; 1st Nov 2013 at 22:16.