PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2013, 18:39
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And lest we forget, when talking about the airprox incident (as opposed to AF447) - I think it would be wise to remember - before getting tied up in suggesting problems with the systems - that all the crew had to do, both to arrest the climb and exit the AoA/Alpha Prot mode, was to *push forward on the stick*. Hardly rocket science and, by my estimation, fairly intuitive piloting** - no?

Of course, the same held true in many ways for AF447. I continue to believe that the Stall Warning issue is to some extent a red herring in the grand scheme of things, because the thing was working fine for more than enough time to have been picked up by the crew before the aircraft and its sensors went too far into the unknown.

Also, I'm still seeing references to "automation-dependent crew", which as I said before doesn't square with the sailplane qualifications of the AF447 PF - there is no automation (or for that matter TOGA power) on a glider!

** - In the sense that whether you're flying anything from a Cessna to Concorde, if the aircraft isn't pointing where you want it to go - point it where you want it to go!

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 1st Nov 2013 at 18:49.