PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OXFORD BAD FOR SELF SPONSORED?
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2002, 12:56
batty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left OATS a little over a year ago as a self sponsored student and at that time there did seem to be a priority list in force.. .. .However that said if you set your goals and pushed ahead towards them there was not usualy any problem. . .. .Unfortunatly there were a few self sponsored students who were happy to sit back and do little(as indeed there were a few sponored students).. .. .I think a difference comes from the fact that the sponsored students were always under the threat of being chopped where some self sponsored students had mummy and daddy to pay and they were never going to be chopped.These were the people who would turn up late for flights, disappear away for days and wonder why they didnt get through on time complaining about the way the sponsored vs self sponsored were treated. . .. .Sponsored students had their company pushing them along setting the goals and if they didnt work would get chopped.. .. .This isnt a rant on self vs sponsored especially since I was self sponsored. However it is a few bad apples that spoil the pie, the guys willing to work got through without problems by setting their own goals and pushing to achieve them and I would believe its the same today.. .. .I enjoyed most of OATS ( it had its moments!! lol ) and was lucky enough to get a job a month after leaving, had I not pushed going through the course I would have not been in the right place at the right time with a clean record. You make your own luck, Oxford is what you make it dont blame others!!. . . . <small>[ 11 March 2002, 08:59: Message edited by: batty ]</small>