PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who represents GA to government in Australia?
Old 1st Nov 2013, 00:05
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Out and about,
I have no idea who represents the industry in those countries.
Perhaps their political masters recognize that industry in any form, no matter how fragile, is a good thing because it employs people, services community needs and promotes other unrelated commerce which does the same thing.
I hardly think killing off an industry through ignorance, corruptly regulating it out of existence is in the "National interest".
There has been a lot of discussion as to what the catalyst was that send NZ on their reform project, but I don't think there are many who could not say they did it very well, a few years, a few million $ as apposed to hundreds of Millions and a quarter of a century.
Their industry is now reaping the benefits, while Australia languishes in splendid isolation, that big rock at the end of the network that everyone shrugs their shoulders and rolls their eye's about.
Very soon we will be sticking out like a sore thumb, the odd man out in the Pacific and Asia because all the rest of the world is wrong we are right.