PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Republiq Airlines Job Offer? Legit or Not?
Old 31st Oct 2013, 20:20
RAeNO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Saw the office

Sorry for the delayed post was a bit busy.......so i got through the interview and signed the job offer which clearly stated that
there was no need to pay any money till i reach Manila and I thought this was nice since there was no risk I came here to Manila this Wednesday
was picked up at the airport by company personnel and was taken to my hotel which was arranged by the company to my surprise as I thought I would have to shell out the money for the hotel
so I went to my room took some rest freshened up and then was taken to the corporate office (which was surprisingly good because i was expecting to be taken to that hangar that was mentioned in some of the previous posts) where I met with the HR department officials and gave them my licenses and passport which they scanned and saved it and gave me a brief procedure
about my license conversion about the company and few other details. By then it was already evening and I went back to my room the HR guys gave me their personal number to call them up in case of emergency.

Next day I woke up in the afternoon and was said I will be piked up to take me to the head office for an appointment with the CEO. I was checking updates in pprune when i saw the post of . The earth under my feet literally slipped away and I immediately called the HR and asked them about the same. They told me that they are flying under
Certificate of another company named Cyclone Airways. But I dint believe them blindly and asked if there is any chance that I can see some documents regarding that. So again was picked up at my hotel 15 minutes later was in the corporate office and they showed me the Certificate of cyclone along with their agreement which authorizes air republiq to use the routes and certificates of cyclone.
Then they asked me why I had this doubt and I showed the the post in pprune and they said they would take me to CAAAP to find out the truth and I was taken there and met the same Capt. Manuel whose name was mentioned in the post personally and I asked him the details and he said it is very much possible to fly under different company's certificate as long as you have a contract with them. And he assured me also that cyclone airways has a valid and current certificate to operate flights.
All in all I am pretty ok with the experience with this company.

I couldn't meet the CEO since it was late with these things now just have to wait till Tuesday for things to reopen after holidays here till then need to enjoy Manila!!! Picture time!!!!

P.S: I now it might sound like I am praising this company or something but Im not......as said I dint meet the CEO or looked at the aircraft yet which I think should go pretty smoothly.