PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Airline Preparation Programme.
Old 22nd Mar 2003, 22:13
P T Flea

flying dwarf - sorry if have come across as someone less than desirable on those previous posts. Obviously not my intention.

I don't mean to sound like I am reading from their web-site or brochures, I was merely commenting on the differences between the APP and the integrated course.

Yes I agree that there is a lot of marketing hype around it and at the end of the day you only end up with the same licenses as someone from any other route. I can also understand the viewpoint that the addons are debatable in their desirability. I am considering everything I read here and I'm not trying to convince myself.

Just so I don't get slagged off anymore for sounding like some brain washed OAT marketing machine:

-Yes I concede that the course is the most expensive route of doing things. There is also no real reason for this overpricing.

-Yes I concede that their halls are meant to be quite grotty.

-Yes I concede that the chances of getting employment are not necessarily increased through Oxford.

Oxford's standard of training is good and I would like to do it. I have to go on the APP now cos' they have scrapped the old integrated course. I don't really want to do the modular route as I have no real commitments at the moment and I just want to go and get really stuck in. All the stuff that they are meant to be offering on top of the integrated course will not be detrimental to my chances of getting employed at the end of the course.

I am not as blinkered to other ideas as I may have appeared in the other posts, I have just thought about it quite a lot and come to my own conclusions.

Many people mention bad levels of customer service from Oxford. I have not seen any sign of this. I have only experienced curtious staff with plenty of time for me and quickly returned phone calls. Yes I concede this might be cos' there are trying to get to part with my hard earned cash, but maybe their attitude has changed?

PT