PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2013, 11:50
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gazette Article

We can't change what is going on folks and however irrational the decisions appear to us, one has to assume there is reasonable logic behind it and that people who know the facts know what they're doing. (Don't laugh )

I can't help but feel though the lack of detail in the plan released is somewhat worrying and making statements like we can upscale back to holidays flights again in the future is at best optimistic, at worst naive, given the apparent way the existing airlines have been treated (let alone the customers). Confidence must be shot at the handling of this debacle and it would take some serious bridge building to reverse that loss of confidence.

As for the way it's been handled, a fiasco as P330 put it, well this forum could well be to blame for that, I've heard this news was to be announced as part of the masterplan but someone working at the airport leaked it on here, the press picked it up and Peel's hand was forced.
DTV, I know this forum can be a dangerous tool and I know the airport has privately said this forum has at times been "the bane of their lives." What is said on here can have a material effect which is why we must all go careful what we say whilst at the same time realising this is a public place for people to air their views and concerns - it's a balance. In many examples, I would agree with you - I know things leaked from here have caused problems for the airport, but in this particular case, the first news came from the airport themselves (with minimal detail) and it was Thomsons themselves who removed flights and made a public statement that the airport didn't want them. I'll stick to my point therefore that their handling of this has made the situation materially worse than it needed to be.