PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QROPS
Thread: QROPS
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2013, 09:02
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dssmtt7 ; tread carefully. Indeed, all, tread carefully. If we are discussing taking pension fund out of the UK then UK tax laws & pension rules apply. Be VERY careful with QROPS firms. They promise all sorts of goodies but you might fly in the face of UK Tax & Pension legislation.

I took my 25%. I then wanted to raid my fund further & a QROPS firm suggested signing up with them, transferring the remainder of the fund off shore to Isle of Man & thereby giving the Qrops firm total control & giving me what I liked. I nearly signed up but investigating carefully, it appeared that releasing more funds into my hands would be in the form of a LOAN but because the QROPS guys would be investing my money in places of their choice (first amber caution light came on) and interest would be so fantastic, my loan would be paid off at the end of term & I would make more money in the long term (Master Red came on) ! OK , final killer was my trusted Financial Adviser who alerted me to the possibility of the UK Tax & Pension Regulators coming after me for breaking UK rules which, broadly speaking, limit you to 25% of your fund in cash & then an annuity or draw-down scheme to be followed. They, of course, see this QROPS scheming as tax avoidance measures. So, be careful.