PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Helos Collide in New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2013, 00:24
djk59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TC

You are an embarrasment to all heli pilots. What an insult to heicopterinterested about the age/posts comment. Your insults beliong in the gutter. You are thoughtless, rude and arrogant and I am ashamed such insults come from another pilot about an incident where the pilot in question is in a coma.

To throw around you "expertise" and insults from the otherside of the world (where I am too it should be noted) on an accident you know little about is an absolute insult to the pilot and his family and to the operator concerned. I note you have thousands of posts, so obviously you have a hell of a lot to say about everything, what I call an armchair warrior. I have watched this site for years now with disgust at the insults, kicking one when they are down, and the so called expertise shown on matters to which they use hearsay and in most instances no evidence whatsoever. Gossip moungering I once heard a English pilot tell me. I only joined so that I can share with the Kiwi pilots and all those others that have been touched by this accident that there are some of us that do care about other pilots.

How do you know the investigation wont throw up a mechanical failure of some sort?. Yes it may be Pilot error but your complete disregard to the pilot in question and his family beggars belief. Take one minute here and think, what if I had an accident and all these insults where thrown at me and my family while I am lying in a coma in hospital.

And dont ever say it cannot happen to you. I too have flown for 34 years in the mountains, luckily without accident. I have been bound by the most strindgent rules in Europe and the operators I fly for, but I can tell you one thing, I have had plenty of close calls in that 34 years. It could me next or you. So take a long hard look at the rhetoric you write here and think about what it would be like if you had an accident and then all and sundry thrash your name and your repuation without a blink of any eye and how your family would take that. If you dont see that then I am at a loss to how you can sleep at night. This is an accident. They will always happen in this industry, to both new and experienced pilots a like. Yes we can try and minimise them.

If a country aviation authority allows certain things to happen then those are the rules.

Eg In Germany and France you can speed along a motorway. In other countries tha same thing is illegal. That doesnt make the drivers in Germany or France bad drivers if they have an accident now does it?

Double Bogey, Thanks for your words. Nice to hear some balanced persective and another aviator thats genuinely worried about the injured pilot. I know New Zeeland have some excellent pilots as do most countires around the world, including the UK. I know there are quite a number of pilots from New Zeeland that have 20,000 to 30,000 hours on those mountains down there without accident. I was amazed when I went down there. The operators I saw down there totaly professional and I felt vey safe on the scenic flights I did when visiting down there.

Have you even been down there to see for yourself TC, problay not?

As is said before I make no judgment what so ever on the accident or the pilot invloved or the company invloved because I do not know the facts, I do not know if there was a mechanical failure or not and I am not there to see with my own eyes.

Instead my thoughts are with the pilot and his family and I wish the pilot a speedy recovery. Thats what this forum should be about, supporting our fellow pilots.

Last edited by djk59; 31st Oct 2013 at 07:32.