PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - agressive / unruly passengers in business aviation
Old 30th Oct 2013, 22:26
cloudsurf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the attractions of corporate flying for me is the fact there is still a link to the passengers. I've had passengers barking orders, chaged destination midair (multiple times) and dogs licking my hand just before we start to taxi! At the end of the day its the strength of character of the individual that wins through and not everyone can deal with it (or wants to deal with it). That's why corporate flying is not for everyone; it requires a different set of skills and certainly strong personal/negotiating skills. If you are confident in your knowledge and can give a valid resaon for refusing or changing a particular request, then most people accept this. In fact, the more knowledgeable, in time, they become with regards to slots, permits, FTL's etc and it makes for a better working realtaionship as they won't be late again if they miss their meeting due to a lost slot or expired flight duty! The passenger expects to be able to carry their power and influence into everyday life and, obvioulsy, it upsets them if they do not get their own way, but a good crew will always explain and offer solutions without giving in to a siatutaion that could become unsafe.....in my experience anyway.