PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An insult to all
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2013, 19:46
MPN11

Received 142 Likes on 65 Posts
Traditions are best honored by those with a desire to participate rather than those who feel obligated to
A fair call. Do you celebrate 4 July, and Memorial Day? Just asking.

Originally Posted by tankertrashnav
The cross was a symbol that one man was prepared to suffer an agonising death to save the souls of his fellow men. That at least is the belief of Christians.
Curiously, whilst doing our duties at the local Poppy Depot, we discovered RBL are now producing "not crosses" for planting in a Field of Remembrance ... Just a simple stick, with a Poppy on it. I'm almost sure, in the frenzy of packing, I also saw a Crescent.

It's not about whichever God it is, or even no God at all, it's about remembering those who gave their lives for the freedoms we enjoy today. I'm not a religious person, but I do thank and remember those who died, and for the rest of the year do my bit (as many others do) to succour those who survived, their widows and their children. In many respects, God(s) are a bystander as "The People" show their thanks and support.

When the people (and Ministers of Religion) stop supporting, I doubt there's much a God can do to help.

Last edited by MPN11; 30th Oct 2013 at 19:48. Reason: iPad typing