PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2013, 05:31
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Dennis for your input. It is very valuable to new inexperienced Enstrom owners like myself.

I've been told I can sand the exfoliated areas on the main rotors and then primer them. With these heavy blades how much material removal will effect the balance and tracking? In my research of exfoliation I assume that if I can peel the flakes of aluminum with my fingernail the corrosion is already done and I should sand to where no more can be flaked off by my fingernail. So far it appears like only a small layer is affected. I was told by Pablo at Heliblade to not try to remove the corrosion just sand it smooth. What do I do with the divets left by the exfoliation? I think I have this right, please advise. I plan on sanding smooth and using LPS3 for now to stop the corrosion then later on Alumi-prep it then apply epoxy polyamide primer then possible sandable primer then urethane. I'm sure that much painting may effect the balance, but it will be done on all 3. I don't have anyone near that can balance and track so I'm kind of stuck. Any experience with the Dynavibe? I can't afford $8k plus for a Chadwick.