PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2013, 02:42
wizzkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online training

First I did say that I am ready to be corrected and it seems that this has changed. Stuck in an ATR? Perhaps rightfully so? At the time pilots had to do their online training on OFF days? A day off with family or pissed out of your mind, your choice really as it's an off day. A day with no company related obligations. In your words: What's so hard to understand about that?

Yes I voted with my feet. Up to now Wizz was the worst job I've ever had, just bad from day one, a real culture shock. But one likes strawberries and another blueberries there are even people around that like to be whipped by a masked man in full body vinyl suit. While I had good times and met some great people, got something professionally, Wizz was just not my cup of tea.

For those considering the job. Take an objective look at your job in general, the corporate culture, terms and conditions, pension/retirement, loss of license insurance etc etc and compare the deal with what is around the world. If you are from any of the base cities for Wizz, being around home is a good thing for many and beats commuting. If not there's more money to be made for the same job elsewhere with good commuting contracts that much is sure.

Regarding bending over for like you swish266 so nicely put. Is it better to bend over without lubricant to a bunch of goulash eaters? I beg to differ. Look at the corruption levels in Poland, Hungary and pretty much every other country Wizz has a base in. Only in name first world countries or considered to be such by the natives.

Being an expat anywhere needs good consideration and it's a balancing act in more ways than one, Eastern Europe not being any different from many other third world countries.