PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting squeezed.
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2013, 19:25
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
mommus
I have to wonder how many people would knowingly pay for a seat with a 29 inch pitch when for 5% more they could have 33 inches
  1. Knowingly? Pax understand Pitch but few have thought about Width. Whether they know where to enquire and understand what is going to be available from the various carriers?
  2. Will the 33 inch be available to them? The carrier with the better pitch may require a change on their route - so they will always go for the direct. As would I.
  3. If the 33 inch pitch is available - will it be only 5% more?
To get a carrier to try a new seat that will require certification included in it's development costs? When their current process does work for them?

I agree that a carrier SHOULD try something new but I can only refer again to the AA experiment that proved: Price, Price, Price.

Another example, friends of mine who also make the LHR~JNB journey regularly had one trip on BA in WE+. She is of average size, he is tall and with broad shoulders. They said to me afterwards, "What's all the fuss about? We won't do that again but spend the money on the holiday."

Other friends of mine have two children, for their holiday this year to Fueteventura, it saved them something like £130 to go on FR instead of EZ. (PS of this couple, he is 6' tall but likes money more than comfort.)

Last edited by PAXboy; 29th Oct 2013 at 19:59. Reason: add the 'ps'