PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2013, 18:18
SWBKCB

Received 94 Likes on 64 Posts
Whilst I generally refrain from "bashing", I have to say I'm shocked the owners are letting all the negativity and comment come out first. Surely, in a major announcement like this, you would expect them to get on the front foot - tell the public what is happening and at least "try" and show there is a sense of purpose and direction to the plans, however difficult the message is. Instead, the public are fed rumours, snippets and the truth via the back door with nothing other than a "watch this space" from the owners. I am a Director in business and this is not the way you treat customers.
Got to agree, P330 - the silence is deafening. Would be nice to know what the strategy is, and how turning away 'blue chip' customers like TOM contributes towards it.

Also, assuming BGH and BE follow but just haven't been confirmed yet, does this mean that all other pax flights which need the terminal are now not welcome? What about freight?

***Thread drift alert - can anybody remember a similar instance of an airport turning away a customer of this stature?***

Last edited by SWBKCB; 29th Oct 2013 at 18:19.