PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2013, 04:26
wizzkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizz

Adding to the list. Wizz expects you to do all online training on your days off. Company training such as winter ops, aircraft recurrent, DG and other similar material. No duty time is credited, nor is th day rostered as training day. Well how could it be rostered, you are on an OFF day.
It's interesting how the Hungarian and other CAA's in Europe accepted the way Wizz conducts the training or they just do not know. The definition of duty is: "Any task that a crew member is required to carry out associated with the business of an AOC holder". Clearly mandatory training falls into that category.

Since Wizz salary is based mostly on a poor basic and additives in the form of sector pay, my belief is that most pilots accept these training tasks on their off days purely for the want of better pay. If this type of training was on the roster, it would mean less sectors and less money. As it takes anywhere from 8 to 10 days per year to complete online training you are looking at dropping anywhere between 30-40 sectors. In pure cash terms this is can be as much as 2500 eur. With the level of pay in Wizz, this is a lot of money.

This was the case a few years back when I took a better job. I don't believe it's changed, however I prepare to be corrected.

Last edited by wizzkid; 29th Oct 2013 at 04:29.