PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 3
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2013, 22:22
Ye Olde Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm long retired and happy flying Silsoe so not interested in that sort of rubbish.
(I never did the print or domestic stuff only global news hence my notice of you and Global Eagle.)

I've also had the luxury of flying around the world in my aircraft and not being a hired hand flying a cab for someone else. When you've flown your own for 30 years you'll know what I mean.

You won't engage in what I'm saying and what I've asked Theresa May to look at in a recent letter.We should not be risking the death of innocent motorists and pedestrians in these games. I've also written to the ACPO in regard to this issue. A few posts on this site are not worthy of any publicity.

The decision on how the police use traffic cars and the helicopter support units to chase petty criminals is down to chief constables and Theresa May.
A BBC's senior tv correspondents wife who is also a journalist nearly lost her life in one of these chases. (It will not take much googling to find the story)

Frankly I would like to see all such incidents prohibited unless it involves a major crime.

I'd like to see a lot more cross funding between air ambulance ops and police air ops.

It would make a lot of sense to use trained paramedics as police air observers.

Multi tasking is the way to go these days.

I want more bang for my police precept buck.

You appear to just want more hours to the pension.

Last edited by Ye Olde Pilot; 28th Oct 2013 at 22:38.