PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2013, 21:54
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have Thomson axed the flights or have Peel told them to leave as was mentioned as a possibility earlier this month when the master plan was first mentioned? Either way, very very sad.

FoDTVA knew exactly what they were getting into, they're not stupid people, if they didn't like the terms of their agreement with the airport or felt they were in any way being conned, they would shut up shop without a seconds hesitation.

P330 has more or less got the right idea. I would feel a lot better if Peel was able to say "OK we're not really a passenger airport anymore but we are now going to make the aircraft movements go through the roof in other areas".

Losing the flights is one thing, I just hope we remain in a position to take them back some day. A number of suits have been seen in the terminal over the last few days with tape measures so I would expect a resurrection of the 'split terminal' concept.

In any event, the airport still has a future even IF Peel didn't want it to have one - it simply cannot be closed, even Peel themselves admit that much!!