PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Terrorist and enemy military threat from microdrones and UAV.
Old 28th Oct 2013, 11:13
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terrorist and enemy military threat from microdrones and UAV.

Good afternoon. I'm not sure if this thread has been done before, please feel free Mods to delete or move.
A while ago I was in the grounds of a private stately home. Catching my eye a smart car emerged, a table set up and I believe one of these was launched and flown. microdrones UAV - platform for aerial inspections, aerial video, aerial photography,

A very small,discrete remote controlled aircraft is how I would describe it. All in all it was up and about flying for perhaps 1 hour, landed then packed away and gone. I am guessing taking pictures of the big house and grounds. Or maybe just a jolly. I have to admit that although I have seen UAVs abroad, I had never seen one of this particular type before, and how actually good it was at what it did.

My guess is that these craft will become more and more available, and probably cheaper and mass produced.

I think it inevitable, seeing as we use them now for military use, that some people will eventually use them actually in Great Britain against ourselves, in a variety of ways.
My questions.
1. Is the threat from these craft acknowledged?
2. Is the threat taken seriously?
3. Could we counter the threat?
4. Is the RAF responsible for policing the skies against them? Or the local police?
5. is it practical for the RAF, now to form into defence units against them?
6. Am I over-reacting?

Fancy a debate?

I personally think that one day somebody will try and use these craft against us and ours. You are all intelligent people, put my mind at ease.Can we stop them?