PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilotless military
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2013, 10:34
gr4techie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken Scott
I've often found it amusing that people pour scorn on aircrew for wearing flying suits on the ground when not flying and yet many of those same people wear combat clothing when they have not the slightest intention of crawling around in the mud fighting a battle.
In my previous posting, we wore number 2B (short sleeved) routine WORKING dress. Same for every course I have been on. Believe it or not, it is perfectly okay to wear no 2B uniform sat behind a desk, it will not kill you. I must only wear CS95, or whatever is replacing CS95 this week, about once a year for CCS or when OOA.

I just find it baffling rpas operators must wear a flying suit to control a drone flying over Angela Merkel.

I once knew an aircrew bod, who was punted to the units airshow office whilst he was holding. He wore his flying suit every day to the office whilst he was waiting for his flying training to start. Yes, we did give him stick for it.

I once read a complaint on a station commanders forum asking why everyone has to get changed out of their coveralls and into no 2 dress to walk into clothing stores, except Biggles in his flying suit?