PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Makes the red Arrows Such An Effective team?
Old 27th Oct 2013, 22:57
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hval,

Human interaction is probably more accurate but for most parts I am happy with what you mean by socializing. I think your comments on differentiating what constitutes a team are interesting. And yes I guess I would agree not all teams are equal. I suspect that in what I would call "critical success environments" human interactions are of primary importance. I would imagine that during the Apollo era, NASA would have devoted a hell of a lot of attention to ensuring that the crew operated as a cohesive unit with each member being able to second guess the actions and response of their counterparts. I suspect similar selection criterion would be foremost in other critical success fields such as: bomb disposal, deep sea diving, armed response units, special forces. I suspect also that the same would be at play in other non military environments such as medical surgical teams. But I would go back to my thoughts on NASA. I know that they have conducted a lot of research into human interactions with a view to how they would impact on the sucess of a deep space mission to say Mars. Can you imagine the stress of being locked up in a can for 3 months with sombody who drives you nuts!