PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Regional
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2013, 21:13
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
NQY has got to crop up eventually as they are running out of routes to operate ex DUB & ORK !!!!!
So the NQY marketing pitch to an airline is "Newquay - for when you've got no other options"??

However DUB-NQY would make sense as its a tried and tested route, possibly daily during summer and 3 weekly winter ?
cs
Do you really see any demand at all for a DUB-NQY in winter or for more than a low-frequency service in summer?

When I'm considering a new route I try to imagine who the passengers will be. Who would they be on DUB-NQY in summer? Irish surfers? Cornish tourists en route to the US? This is a sincere question: you say "daily during summer and 3 weekly winter" so what sort of passengers are going to fill all those seats?

Originally Posted by EI-BUD
Leeds top of the list. Would they venture into London City given WX weakened state?
I absolutely agree with you on Leeds, maybe followed by EMA and LPL. Personally I don't see RE going to LCY just now - picking a fight with even a weakened WX doesn't make too much sense, RE doesn't have the aircraft to offer a good frequency on DUB-LCY, and in any case Stobart sees Southend as the holy grail for all of eastern London and a potential competitor for LCY.