PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2013, 17:32
Dennis Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shackleton

Hallo Savoia ... I love it when a few of the old names crop up especially when I had trade with them at one time.

It doesn't seem to long ago I had a deal with Bill Armstrong up at Luton. I had been offered two B 47s from the MAF but didn't know enough about the various models at the time I suspected they were a good buy though and raised the item with Bill and in no time he had acquired them as a pair and I guess soon found a buyer. I thought that was the end of the matter until I received a decent cheque from the man with a nice 'thank you' note for the introduction. Now that's old fashioned trading.

Now Shackleton ... a quick look through some early 1970s FLIGHT will see their regular advert. They had a London address and operated from the light brown hangar at Coventry for many years. I think the guy I talked to a couple of times might have been a 'Something' McDonald but as I always say, the brain cells aren't what they used to be. The daft thing is I still remember aircraft registration 30-40 years down the road! Best wishes. Dennis K.