PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2013, 15:55
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berksflyer,

First of all, You wanna know what's really useful ?, Knowing that the £12,000 you speak of is not something you will be taking home as it will be going straight back to the bank. Had you properly read the site you will know the 12k IS NOT EXTRA FLY PAY !!!

Secondly. I don't know what site you've been reading but it certainly ain't the correct one as that clearly states "a further £8-£10,000 of flying allowances typically being earned in a full year of flying (please note that these allowances are not guaranteed and are subject to levels and type of flying completed)".
I would like to emphasise on the bracketed stuff as it basically says that the extra allowance is subject to availability and even then it may only be a few thousand pound extra. Which obviously falls right into place with what the fpp cadet said today as the year 1 basic salary is £22,700, add a few k (for all we know they may have already been told they will only receive a few thousand extra) and then you can safely say you will earn around £25,000. By the way I think someone who is actually nearing the end of their fpp training will be slightly more informed than you.

Lastly, what part of my last post led you to believe I was talking about the salary of the first 6 years of work in order for you to point out an irrelevant yearly pay rise of 5,000, I clearly said "£25,000 STARTING SALARY".

Good God, talk about the importance of knowing "the facts prior to commenting in a public place".