PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada to cut 3600 jobs
View Single Post
Old 21st Mar 2003, 20:49
spongebob_bm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One problem I see is the inability of the large airlines to adjust to a rapidly changing world. By the time the changes have gone through all the levels of management, surprise! we are in BIG trouble. Lets cut routes and staff. Oh yes cut the service that makes money and put on a aircraft totaly unsuited for the route then we have an even bigger disaster.
Call to book a flight, oversold.... (traveling non rev, hell I use the compition at least I can get on their flight.)
A321 is a great aircraft accept it holds roughly the same cargo capacity of a A320, factor in more passengers and weight load balances oh and weather. You guessed it, bags and cargo left behind to add to the over all cost of the airlines profits (Staff over time, lost luggage chits, taxis to deliver luggage and frayed passengers who then deal with surley agents {YYZ} )
What next, hell I can fly on budget airlines for 1/4 the fare and less headaches.
Oh yes but budget airlines do not fly to the big expensive airports with it's traffic jams, high hotel and car parking and car rental rates