PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Makes the red Arrows Such An Effective team?
Old 27th Oct 2013, 12:23
hval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Secret1,

Thank you for your comment. Please would you provide feedback as to where you believe I am biased and what I should have written instead? I am certainly not biased in my assessment as to what makes a successful team, nor in the attributes that the Red Arrows have.

I am looking at "teams" that may be military, civilian, MOD or otherwise. A huge number of teams are not successful as teams. The project may be successful, but often that is not due to the team being a team, just a group of people working together. The Red Arrows are most certainly not that. The red Arrows are a team, and they meet the "specifications" for being a team.

It would have been far easier to compare the Red Arrows team to unsuccessful teams (many MOD projects for example) than to compare with other successful aerobatic teams. I do believe the Red Arrows to be extremely successful despite the trials and tribulations of what is occurring within the Armed Forces at the moment and the past. If you look at the number of displays and fly pasts given by the Red Arrows each year they are certainly providing value for money (in my eyes).

Last edited by hval; 27th Oct 2013 at 12:27. Reason: Grammar