PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Witnessing a Fatal accident?
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2013, 11:05
kabukiman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never seen a fatal air crash in person, but I have witnessed fatal road accidents.

The most recent one a motorcyclist got killed. I was driving someone down the highway to an airport so I could fly them around for a little. Half of the highway was blocked off. We eventually got through after seeing bits of motorbike everywhere, and a couple of firefighters doing CPR on the rider on the nature strip. Lots of cops everywhere, very nasty. We continued our journey, had an awesome flight, and were driving back down the highway that evening, when we saw the other side was still closed up. There was a van at the crash scene, the ambos and fireys had left, and just as we drove past I saw them zipping the poor bugger up in a bag. That sure changed the mood in the car. We had had a great day but I personally couldn't even think about it, I was just really sad seeing what had happened to this other poor dude in the mean time.

I reckon if someone sees a fatal accident up close, or the aftermath, and they say it doesn't affect them, they're either an emergency worker or they're probably lying. It's only normal to be upset or stressed as a result. If anyone ever thinks they're not dealing with it too well, go talk to a GP, or a psychiatrist. I can tell you it definitely helps. It'll be the best thing you ever did. I don't see why people should be ashamed to speak to someone for help.