PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - terrorist dry runs?
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2013, 15:20
Rail Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piggyback
My experience immediately post 911 was that the profiling was completely crazy and blatantly racist.

In a queue I was in every non-white in the queue was selected for search, no white was searched. It included a black family who were incredibly loud and american annoying perhaps but given a mum dad and two kids not much of a threat. As I was white I did not get searched myself.
Ye Gods.

Something to do with the fact that the 9/11 terrorists were Arabs ???

It is unfortunate that attitudes such as yours are why we see flight deck crew screened and why clearly obviously non-threatening people are pulled for searches.

There is an old saying along the lines - If it looks like a duck, it walks like a duck and it squawks like a duck then the chances are it IS a duck.

Bearing in mind the profile of the Muslim terrorists (Arab or African Somali) it is not unreasonable to concentrate on those fitting those descriptions. If those people have a problem, with that then the answer lays in their own hands, and with the Countries who either overtly support the terrorist goal, or are happy to stand back and not get involved. I see some of these Countries have little problem in targeting white people when it comes to Religious issues. but little is said, presumably because PC only applies to white, Anglo-Saxon and derivative peoples.