PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retention
Thread: Retention
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2013, 08:15
High_Expect

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly almost no amount of money the RAF could lay its hands on would make a difference. The huge number of tax free jobs opening up in 2014 for, albeit, a select few aircrew with QFI ticks means that any £150k - £300k FRI would barely touch the sides. The guys a gals will be making that sort of cash every 18-36 months. The only thing that would keep people is a return to the level of pride we all once felt in being part of this organisation. Sadly all I hear now from my fellow pilots is how ashamed they are to be part of it all. The crewroom chat is only about opportunities outside and 95% of the guys on the Sqn will be able to tell you to the exact day when their RoS is up and which day they need to exercise their option. Someone else further up has already mentioned this but my genuine best guess is that 30-40% of my Sqn will not be getting posted out but will be leaving by their own choice.

To those thinking of staying in - good luck but take the blinkers off and perhaps set you sights a little higher.