PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 26th Oct 2013, 07:57
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Seneca is online.

I have been Head of Training for 2 years. Brian was CFI for us until a few weeks ago - I have had to take that role on as well while we find someone suitable to act in the capacity.

His RTF was used for PPL training, our ATO was used for training above that although we have now had to take over the PPL side as well.

None of his approvals are being used in Spain. He still holds training approvals for the UK which remain valid until such time as the forced conversion to ATO occurs then it remains to be seen what happens. However I think he is going to concentrate on RT and Ground stuff these days.

Brian will be much missed in Spain. His vast experience was a real asset to me and will be hard to replace. Fortunately being the gentlemen that he is he still provides help when I need it in the UK.

Punitz are still used for IR training as they do not require a CAA staff Examiner for initial skill test. Everything else is now done by us. It's been a transition that has taken a couple of years.