PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 3
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2013, 00:11
Ye Olde Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silsoe

The hiviz safety wallahs have turned the whole uniform scenario into a mockery.

I can't tell the difference now between a real plod, a plastic plod and a traffic warden or a so called security officer. There is a bloke who turns up in my local pub every Friday night wearing his entire prison officer uniform from a local high security unit complete with his ID tags and key chains.(But be rules about that)

Cost for value the police air operation in the UK needs scaling down. Not music to your ears but reflected in my community charge which pays your wages.

Flying suits are a uniform provided by an employer. They provide fire resistant protection, have useful pockets and pads and as simple coveralls not only keep our own clothing clean they are designed to be anti snag.
(May I also suggest you read your beloved Nepal thread and take a closer look at the pics )
Not sure what you mean but I guess if you had been to places such as that you'd have got the bigger picture.

It would be amusing to see a pilot with your attitude trying to survive the R22 muster scene in Oz for a year or two. I'd love to be a fly on the wall the
fist day when you ask for the babygrow suit