PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Firemen to get better pension terms than Military.
Old 25th Oct 2013, 23:18
mopardave

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts
"All out" again Brothers/Sisters! On 1 Nov 13 and 4 Nov 13 this time.

What makes this lot think it's so special compared to others like the Grangemouth mob? I hope the Govt agree to fold them all up and offer it to PFI.
LJ........sounds to me like you had a damn good time flying at the tax payers expense and being paid for it........and good for you. You were probably very good at your job and as such, should have been well compensated for it. I wasn't successful at OASC but I don't bitch about the fun you had thundering about in one of the taxpayers fast jets, or your "NATO beer calls".......as a profession, I salute you. Flying is inherently dangerous at times, I don't doubt. And so is my job.........you don't ride a fire appliance for nearly thirty years and not have moments of terror or revulsion, trust me. I pass my fitness test twice a year and consider myself to be a professional. In my brigade, we are operationally tested continually.........we don't have a snooker table and I don't have a second job.........but I do drive a 3 series BMW which is 12 years old. I am concerned about the effects of night working and breathing in unknown chemical cocktails over my 30 years in the job. I accept that as an occupational hazard.......after all, if ya can't take a joke, don't join......right? Make us "PFI".......yeh, we know how successful they are don't we! This country faces far more pressing issues than the fire fighters pension......we're just a distraction! I think we do have something in common........we are both professionals.You just sound a little resentful.
But I wish you all the best in any case.
MD