PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 21:15
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Behave lads...

I was amused .... disgusted..... not surprised.... [I really do not know which applies] to see that Chief Constable Alex Marshall [late of this parish..... never actually gave up] now still the ACPO lead on Air Support despite being put away in a broom cupboard at Bramshill College, attracted the derision of various members of the real press by his publication of what one chirpy Fleet Street chap called the 'bleeding obvious' .... in a set of rules by which police officers should live.

It will come as a shock to those in far off places that an ACPO officer in the UK has seen fit to find time to publish a set of rules that I thought I personally signed up to at birth and certainly endorsed on oath in November 1965.... that we 'the perleece' were were not to beat people, cheat or lie etc etc on pain of being seen as criminals.

The worry is that he, his fellow ACPOs including Mr Hogan-Howe of 'Pleb' infamy, and a lot of politicians have had their sticky fingers in the NPAS works from day one so any cosy feelings that might have been growing are clearly an illusion ........

As a certain character in the East End famously said repeatedly..... "Woss going on?"

Quoted of course with due acknowledgement of Copyright to both the Daily Mail and the BBC