PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Airline Preparation Programme.
Old 21st Mar 2003, 14:37
Wave Drag Jones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know a lot about the new course but what you're saying sounds like very recognisable Oxford marketing bullsh1t. I do not mean that as an insult just be aware that while they dress it up as best they can it is still a fATPL CPL/IR that you will walk away with. The rest of what they offer will be of no interest to airlines, the only part they will take into account is perhaps the very fact that you went to Oxford as there is no denying the quality of training.

As the others have said here airlines do their own selection processes and will pay absolutely no heed whatsoever to Oxford's results as they will have tailored their own to meet their needs. The JOT course would be useful if you could delay it until you have a definite sim ride with an airline and therefore use it as practise because the use will fade with time and as an added bit on your licence this will not stand up to much.

This sounds quite harsh but it is the truth and you should certainly take it into consideration. PLEASE investigate ALL avenues before choosing, if after doing this you still decide on Oxford then go for it because there are many good reasons to go there, just dismiss the marketing crap from any decision you make!

WDJ

BTW - how often are they doing the course? they say they have downsized to 20 per course but when I did the integrated course there only 18 on mine!