PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC
Thread: French ATC
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 15:41
kcockayne

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MJR,
As my very first sentence plainly said in my first post (which is why I used the term), "I am an ATCO & not a pilot. You have the advantage of me there".
But, You have completely ignored & failed to accept the whole point of my post which is; that for an ATCO, at a BUSY unit (in Europe or elsewhere); & I am specifically referring to BUSY units, to attempt to reorganise a traffic pattern in order to give an undue priority to a particular aircraft, is hugely counterproductive, in that it would normally result in a much more complicated & work intensive situation - the last thing that a BUSY ATCO needs !
In my experience, no ATCO at a busy unit would do such a thing; because it is in no one's interests, least of all the ATCO's. I stand by that - knowing it to be true.
I also stand by my perception that many such incidences, as reported by pilots, are the result of misunderstanding, or lack of understanding, of the overall traffic situation (NOT just the one you can see out of the window). I have experienced this misunderstanding many times (& I am sure that other ATCOS have, too).
I stand by my belief in the integrity & professionalism of my French colleagues at Brest ATCC (many of whom I know personally & have worked alongside over the years). I have always found them to be consummate professionals !
As a consequence, I do not, in any way, consider such comments as I have made to be "contemptible". Certainly not as contemptible as your original reply to my first post ! It was intended to be "Informative". If it was not as explanatory or understandable as I intended, then I apologise for that. But, it was an honest comment from someone who knows the ATC picture.
In my opinion, your readiness to resort to such nasty & aggressive reaction to perfectly reasonable statements severely undermines the quality of your argument.
To Lord Spandex Masher.
"All you people who can excuse the downright unprofessional behaviour of Spanish ATC because it's too difficult to organise the heavy traffic flow need to take your heads out of your bottoms & realise that not everywhere is as busy as you think";
1. I never excused Spanish ATC specifically & 2. I did specifically address my remarks to "Busy Stations".
To end, I can accept that there is scope to re-arrange traffic patterns at quiet stations; & I accept that this may well occur, as your example would SEEM to prove. & I accept that pilots' complaints of such are , sometimes, valid.
But, that does not prove that on any particular occasion (of which you complain) that it actually DID happen. That can only be proved by a proper investigation, & NOT by individual anecdotes !