PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 15:32
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
As Phileas puts states it has all been said before, only small sub 50 seat aircraft with frequency will work here and then we are back to the question of where will you land in London.

I will be back in Canada shortly and have access to available aircraft and a current EC operating licence to put it on, if it was that simple I would consider doing it and get a team together. It isn't and a government subsidy wouldn't make it any easier.

Arguably Skybus would be the best people to mount a London service but as said before why should they, why take the risk? Why endanger a cosy profitable airline, bigger isn't always better.

But there is a bigger picture...

Even if someone does get a London service of the ground again that does not solve Newquay's financial problems, time I feel to look at selling the place to private investors, people that understand the commercial World and save the local rate payers a lot of money.

I would love to get the chance to look at the costs at the airport because I bet the Council haven't taken a hard nosed look, just tinkered at the edges. An example, no disrespect to the current MD but I understand his salary is in excess of £125K. I am sure he warrants this but isn't that a bit like your local village footie team signing Christiano Ronaldo as striker........

This is a tiny regional airport struggling to survive, can someone please start running the place in survival mode.......lets have less money in and less waffle out. As for a £10 development fee, laughable.

Last edited by GROUNDHOG; 25th Oct 2013 at 15:47.