PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO license transfer to UK CAA
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 11:12
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, this is getting really annoying. I started looking at the details of my IMC rating application, which triggers the EASA conversion, and which in turn triggers a whole bunch of other things.

One of the things that is being triggered is that my Dutch ICAO-compliant Glider Pilots Licence needs to be converted to an EASA SPL(S) and brought onto the UK register. For this, a conversion report issued by the Dutch authorities is required, which details the additional exams/test/skills/experience that need to be gone/gained before an EASA SPL(S) can be issued on the basis of a Dutch GPL. The intention is to allow this conversion to take place with zero additional effort, but the issue is - the report is not ready yet! The sailplane community thinks it has till April 15th, 2015, to create this report and is taking their sweet little time.

So at this time I cannot get an EASA SPL on the basis of my Dutch GPL. Which means my GPL cannot be brought onto the CAA register. Which means that not all my licences can be brought onto the CAA register. Which means my PPL licence cannot be converted to EASA. Which means my IMC/IR(R) cannot be added to my PPL.

Does anybody know a way out of this mess?