PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying for PPL exams
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 10:50
peregrineh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulfstream - I took my test a way back so my info will be dated, and if the exams have changed in content as suggested below, it seems the Confuser question bank is therefore redundant. A couple of points to make here - it seems that you are only 15, and hence have time on your side. So by all means read the books and watch the DVDs (Oxford DVDs are first class - get the RT ones as well). Secondly I would warn you that while pprune is a fantastic source of information, if there is anything I have learnt in flying - ask a question and there are normally about 10 different opinions - learn to see the wood from the trees.

There will also be some purely wrong information posted as well (factually wrong) I would ask your FI for example whether this is true, but I could be wrong:

There is now a mandatory requirement for 100 hrs of ground theoretical knowledge training for the PPL. How the hours are allocated is up to the ATO providing the PPL course'

I would agrre very much with krankyd assessment: ' Your PPL is a license to learn, the exams just make sure you know the required knowledge at that particular time to get your license.

IMHO learning to fly is not done by passing exams - it's by flying.'

Good luck and enjoy it!