PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Ghetto Style Housing
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2013, 05:24
The Outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a look at them last week, first impression was that of a concentration camp. Rows and rows and rows of identical barracks with no imagination in the design. Two bay car park but you'll need two cars anyway because there is nothing out there to do. Each cell has 4 small bedrooms with an en-suite WC. The kitchen is satisfactory at best. the dining/living area is not an ideal size when you consider how much time you spend indoors in the summer. The best way I can describe the backyard would be to tell you to go into your bathroom, note its size then double it....seriously. One thing that helps keep my sanity in this place, is at the very least having a nice garden with some green to look at.

The company kept this quiet for a reason, they don't everyone knowing about the sh1t hole they intend to move everyone into. If you like living with all your colleagues 24/7 in what amounts to an apartment by the high voltage towers...(wait, they did say that those were going to be removed and replaced with an 8 lane motorway...yes really) then consider this a middle eastern utopia.

I would urge all Dubai based pilots to go have a look, as it is the intention of the company to shift you there when your current lease runs out. If you know anyone coming here to interview, take them past camp Dachau and make sure they understand what they're giving up at home.

The acid test will be how many managers will in the park when their leases run out.

I'll say this with certainty, the day they force me out there will be the day I resign...personally I've had enough of the BS.

Last edited by The Outlaw; 25th Oct 2013 at 05:34.