PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly in Spain Jerez - personal review PPL training
Old 24th Oct 2013, 14:00
downsetgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acefly123456,

Number of students:
at the time when I was there (Feb-April 2013) there were 3 other PPL students in continous training. But we were all in different progress in training. I would say half of all (including me) were there for full time training from scratch, the other half took it a bit easier and as far as I know planned to come back another time to continue.
Another one was there for two weeks only to get done as much as possible (theory exams and some flying).

For CPL there were pilots coming and going, also some of them staying for a longer time.

Number of instructors:
I can remember at least 5 instructors, some of them get booked as required.

Owner:
yes, he originally comes from Germany

Emkay,

I took 60 hours in total, alltogether with accomodation I would say I was 13.000 €. Rental car was cheap, around 4 €/day.

By far the highest cost factor is flying itself. Of course, flying less makes a difference to the wallet. But it also makes a difference in flying skills and practice.
I don`t regret the additional hours which I took extra to the 45 h which are mandatory. It`s just so much fun! On my first solos I was screaming loud and grinning from ear to ear because it`s the greatest feeling ever blasting through the sky by yourself! And then flying your calculated course, finding another airfield and just landing there to have a coffee. It`s so cool!