PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So Four Forces are back!!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2002, 19:12
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 227 Likes on 88 Posts
Lightbulb

Chaps lets be clear. Pilot Assist College is not really a training provider. It is more like a broker.

You could do all the same training and save yourself £700.

I am glad that they have satisfied customers. However, I would be interested to see a list of what exactly you are getting for your £700...

From chatting to some people who signed up with them it seems to be a note on how to right a CV, telling you which schools to go to, giving you reasonable set of intructions for you to follow whilst hours building (quite useful) and then letting you have a go at some off the shelf aptitude test and showing you the results.

Whether this is good value or not is not for me to comment upon. Clearly some people do think its good value.

As for Four Forces - the whole situation is somewhat opaque. I have tried to follow the situation but frankly I have lost the plot.

The only thing I would say is that there are some fantastic reputable groundschools out there - Bristol, OATS and ATA spring to mind - with a LONG track record of excellence. Similarly there are a number of well established flying schools out there just waiting to help you. If you wish to experiment with new players in the industry then good luck to you. Personally I wouldn't.

Good luck,