PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2013, 11:48
ATNotts

Received 290 Likes on 163 Posts
How silly of me, of course all the World Airports in this report have provided duff info
Does nobody understand any commercial realities???

I publicise my best price (doesn't matter what the product is) then I have nowhere to go in terms of discount to lure a contract - no discount to offer, no incentive, other than "my product is better than product "x".

I absolutely do not believe that airports are any different, and anyone naive enough to believe that airports trot out totally honest data on the minimum or maximum prices needs a reality check!

As for talking to someone at an exhibition, I've worked on exhibition stands, as will many others have, and personnel working on them meeting and greeting punters are rarely people with the inside information. You only get to talk to the decision makers when you've got "real business" to talk - "tyre kickers" are despatched as quickly as possible!

There are probably a million and one other reasons why BHX isn't attracting new business (even though in the real world it quite patently is), but they probably don't want more low cost carriers as much as they would like to attract legacy carriers and pitch their marketing accordingly.

That's not wrong, it's called their business strategy with which we can agree, or disagree - but it's their train set, and their's to play with, and businesswise they've not done a bad job so far!