PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP Renewal By Flight test
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 21:48
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
The term is "Proficiency Check", but in reality it is basically a PPL skill test, except that there's no nav component (although getting lost during it, may well be cause for failure).

My advice would be to go and fly with a friendly instructor, ideally at a school with an in-house examiner. Have him/her take you through the mill a bit, and then debrief if about your skills and whether you're good to go straight for the PC, or need some remedial instruction. If as it sounds you are a current ATP with significant SE hours, I'd hope than an hour or two with an instructor will sort everything out and hopefully a good briefing and an hour with an instructor might be enough.

If it was at the school I do bits of instructing at, then I'd guess it would cost you in the order of £170 for an hour or so with an instructor, £250ish for aeroplane + examiner for a PC, maybe another £170 for a second brush-up hour with an instructor.

I don't know about the IR I'm afraid, but any school with an IRE/IRE on the team should be able to advise.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 23rd Oct 2013 at 21:50.