PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studying for PPL exams
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2013, 15:26
nick ritter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulfstream asks a simple question if the oxford DVDs & a PPL confuser would be enough to study for the written exams? I would say it is too much. All that you need to pass the written (multiple choice) exam is the PPL confuser

Spend an hour going over each one – highlighting the right answer to minimize the time reading rubbish – and you are done

As Peregrine says it is pretty straight forward & I found it highly amusing that the only exam that he spent 3 days studying for he actually failed

Of course there is a very real difference to gaming an exam & actually understanding the subject. But that wasn’t the question. It seems Gulfstream just wants to know what is the path of least resistance to passing these exams to which the simple answer is the PPL confuser

For me there is nothing like experience. Ideally flying with someone post PPL who is much more capable & experienced & who has asimilar profile to what you are looking to gain from your flying ambitions, be it touring, aerobatic, instrument or whatever, so to help you reach the next step in your flying career

For what it is worth I never used my whizz wheel & god help me if I was ever called upon to do so

Last edited by nick ritter; 23rd Oct 2013 at 15:34.